To make a donation to Afghan Women’s Mission, click here. OR, consider some other options:
- Transfer stock – You receive a tax deduction and offset capital gains taxes when you give stocks that have appreciated in value. Consider donating stocks that do not meet your criteria for social responsibility and we will convert them into positive action.
- Bequest – When preparing or revising your will, you can make a lasting gift to IHC/Afghan Women’s Mission by designating it as a recipient of part of your estate.
- Trusts – Certain trust actions may reduce your taxes now or in the future, while supporting IHC/Afghan Women’s Mission. We can work with you and/or your financial advisor to set up such an arrangement.
- Real estate and other property – You may donate any properties, residences, or even a vacation home, while retaining the right to use it during your lifetime. Gifts of real estate to IHC/Afghan Women’s Mission can help you avoid eventual capital-gains or estate taxes as well as conserve the property while ensuring it’s use for your future generations.
- Life insurance, IRAs or pension plans – You may list IHC/Afghan Women’s Mission as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, IRA, or pension plan. This affords tax advantages and allows you to give a larger gift than you might otherwise be able to.
- Memorial – You may honor a friend or a loved one with a memorial gift that can act on his or her beliefs. IHC/Afghan Women’s Mission will use it to empower Afghan women through medical care, educational and other programs. To do so, use our online donation form and add a note to let us know in whose name you are making the donation.
- Employer Matching Funds – If your employer has a policy of matching charitable contributions your donation to IHC/Afghan Women’s Mission will automatically increase.
- Donate In-Kind – While we do not accept unsolicited in-kind donations such as used clothes and books, you can buy a new item off RAWA’s Amazon.com “wish list.” It will be sent directly to us and delivered to RAWA. RAWA uses educational materials like DVDs, and electronic parts for their web operations that are often only available outside Afghanistan. Click here to see RAWA’s Wish List.
For more information on any of these programs, contact us and we will be happy to work with you.